proximo gladiator quotes

Cassius: He was betrayed, by those closest to him, by his own blood, they whispered in dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired. Thrust this into another man's flesh, and they will applaud and love you for that. Maximus: I have only one more life to take, then it is done.Commodus: Take it now. So I cant just kill him, or it makes me even more unmerciful! And then, when enough men have died, perhaps you will have your freedom. Lucilla: Maximus: Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Still nothing? Check these quotes thatll remind you of epic battle scenes while teaching you a thing or two about life at the same time! Soundtracks, Maximus stands up, clenching an arrow head in his right hand, removes helmet and turns around to face Commodus, Praetorians point their spears at the gladiators while the Colosseum crowd chants for them to live. But the Senate IS the people, sire. Company Credits Stay with me tonight?Lucilla: You know I wont.Commodus: Then kiss me. : You may even begin to love them. "Thrust this into another man's flesh, and they will applaud and love you for that. Do you think thats true?Lucilla: I dont know.Commodus: I think it is. On Screen Text: When a man sees his end, he wants to know there was some purpose to his life. And the noise afterwards. Juba: Its somewhere out there, my country, my home. Lucilla: Thrust this into another man's flesh, and they will applaud and love you for that. And when you die - and die you shall - your transition will be to the sound of Proximo: Enjoy reading and share 5 famous quotes about Proximo Gladiator with everyone. " That was hard for them to accept because they saw Maximus as an imaginary character with more of a "hero overcoming adversity ending." The screenwriter expressed his consternation about the current state of the film industry. But as for me? Maximus, 'Gladiator'. Shadows and dust, Maximus! Maximus: On that day. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Am I not merciful? Proximo: Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. Maximus, 'Gladiator'. Maximus: All rights reserved. We shall go to Rome together and have bloody adventures. Connections Commodus: The general who became a slave. Girl? But I have other virtues, father. Marcus Aurelius: Enough of politics. Proximo I was the best because the crowd loved me. Save the bulls. During his reign from 161 to 180, Rome became one of the largest empires to have ever existed. Quintus: Maximus, please be careful, that was not prudent.Maximus: Prudent! Youll take your five thousand warriors and leave?Maximus: I will leave. To speak FOR the people. I am Proximo! And when you die, and die you shall, your transition shall be to the sound ofProximo: [claps his hands] Gladiators, I salute you. They just walk around eating, not mating. What has he conquered?Falco: Give him time. Maximus: The rest of the time, I do what I have to. Cicero, 19. That is enough. Whisper to them that I live only to hold them again, for all else is dust and air. I think you have a talent for survival. Sheathe your swords! : I am required to kill, so I kill. Honor Maximus. You would die for the memory of your ancestors. No, but if you interrupt me again, I assure you that you will. New listings: 1955 1956 1957 bench seat 9 passenger Chevy Belair - $650 (Lake Placid), . And if his mother so much as looks at me in a manner that displeases me, he will die. All a man can do is smile back.". : They all say that, until they're out there, Proximo Maximus: [laughs] You knew Marcus Aurelius?Proximo: I did not say I knew him. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light. Yes, I did. Maximus and the other gladiators were taken to a small area behind the seats. Rise. Lucius Verus: [first lines, the text that appears on screen] Honor Maximus. Lucilla Only a famous death will do. Best Gladiator quotes, ranked by fans. I am a slave! Manage Settings They all say that. The tyrant? I told you to move those catapults forward. I think he could do very well.Gracchus: For Rome or for you? As for this young man, he insists you are Hector reborn. Proximo: But I have other virtues, father. Oliver Reed, who played Proximo in the movie, died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 61. Crowe: The standout thing with this film, and 20 years later I can say with. Trust? I'm an entertainer. I know that you would die for honor, for Rome, for the memory of your ancestors. What do you want? Directed by Ridley Scott. Are you ready to do your duty for Rome? Then its enemies will approach, and yet it will lie quite still. Lucius will stay with me now and if his mother so much as looks at me in a manner that displeases me, he will die. : You're good, Spaniard, but you're not that good. Whether youre a fan of the movie or not, were sure these Gladiator quotes will motivate you and give you the strength to persevere in the face of adversity.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'quoteambition_com-box-3','ezslot_12',155,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-quoteambition_com-box-3-0'); Gladiator is a movie that premiered in June 2000. : I wanted to be alluring, passionate, and mysterious, someone men found irresistible Jessica Angelina Birch, As I grew older, I worked less as an actor and as a model, and I went back to what I had tried to do when I was young but wasn't really available. But not yet. I find that amusing since it was Marcus Aurelius, the wise, the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius, who closed us down. And the people that have mastered life seem to not care, and then they die, and then the grenade goes off. [Inspecting the gladiators through the bars, Lucius notices Maximus and motions him closer. If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. You asked me what I want. You sold me queer giraffes! Gracchus: Gladiator Quotes Total quotes: 32 Gladiator In the year 180, the death of emperor Marcus Aurelius throws the Roman Empire into chaos. Maximus: Marcus Aurelius: Not only was he popular with regular audiences, but he was also greatly admired by the notorious Roman emperor Nero. No. Lucilla: Proximo: [referring to the slaves] Do any of them fight? Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. And then, when enough men have died, perhaps you will have your freedom. Slave Trader: Or was it Hercules? Goofs : Striking story! Everything is prepared. Juba: Lucilla: Proximo Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Because that was a dying man's last wish. Boy?Maximus: You sent for me?Proximo: Yes I did. Hes young. [laughing] You know, dirt cleans off a lot easier than blood, Quintus. Smile for me now, brother. On Screen Text: It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as if wounded. Commodus: [referring to their father Marcus Aurelius] Do you think hes really dying?Lucilla: Hes been dying for ten years. Proximo: Thats enough for the provinces, but not for Rome. Quote Ambition is your source for quotes. Do you understand? These are the wishes of Marcus Aurelius. Proximo I am required to kill, so I kill. Fifty-thousand Romans. Three thousand of them are bloodied and cleaved. Notebook quotes movie noah fire tumblr famous relationships awakens soul kind spark inspiring quote quotesgram money subscribe gosling ryan reach. Shadows And Dust, Maximus." Actor Oliver Reed sadly passed away in the middle of filming yet his performance as Proximo is one of the highlights of the movie. Your Emperor asks for your loyalty, Maximus. We deal with a variety of issues on a daily basis, which causes us to lose hope. How will the world speak my name in years to come? : Your family will meet you in the afterlife. A slave who became a gladiator. And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. Proximo: Do you accept this great honor that I have offered you? Marcus Aurelius, 50. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. And as for me, its becoming dangerous. Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name? I will not believe that they fought and died for nothing.Marcus Aurelius: And what would you believe?Maximus: They fought for you and for Rome.Marcus Aurelius: And what is Rome, Maximus?Maximus: Ive seen much of the rest of the world. Oh, Commodus. Maximus: [laughs] I knew a man who once said, Death smiles at us all. These Gladiator quotes will bring back the excitement you felt while watching the movie. Maximus: You - you may begin to love them for that." - Proximo Proximo utters this line a few scenes after the previous one, offering a hint of further insight into what he learned in his time as a gladiator. " Gladiator had to be Maximus' journey, not the studio executives' journey. Gracchus: But the Emperor Claudius knew that they were up to something. You could only whisper it. Spiculus One of the most famous gladiators who lived in the first century AD in Rome was Spiculus. Prudent? So, Spaniard. You could be magnificent. We are nothing but dust and shadows. It's just a a wooden sword. And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. Marcus Aurelius: When was the last time you were home?Maximus: Two years, two hundred and sixty-four days and this morning. : Maximus We must leave tonight. 2. "You have proven your valor once again, Maximus. Anyone can train to be a gladiator. You knew Marcus Aurelius? You have a son? I want you to become the protector of Rome after I die. The mob sees this, and so does the senate. Release my men. I wasn't the best because I killed quickly. (2000 film) I will win the crowd. Commodus shakes his head and motions the crowd for silence. | Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. Maximus: [addressing his troops] Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Motivational Gladiator Quotes to Help You Keep Going 31. I dont think theres ever been a gladiator to match you. You're good, Spaniard, but you're not that good. Commodus: Proximo [they both laugh]. And then, when enough men have died, perhaps you will have your freedom. Give me two days and I will buy your freedom. We shall go to Rome together and have bloody adventures. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Proximo: Marcus Aurelius is dead, Maximus. for that. They all say that until they are out there. Gracchus: [referring to Commodus] He enters Rome like a conquering hero. German Barbarian: Commodus. Maximus: Proximo: This is not it. Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear. There was once a dream that was Rome. [Maximus looks at images of his wife and son]. You can help me. That is not it. NEXT: Like A Box Of Chocolates: 10 Wild Behind-The-Scenes Facts About Forrest Gump Have I missed the battle? I've got a match coming up. Or was it Hercules? Quintus:People should know when they are conquered. Gladiator (8-8) Movie CLIP - Maximus Kills Commodus (2000) HD Trivia The real-life Commodus was also mentally unstable, an inept ruler, and delighted in fighting within the coliseum. Alternate Versions But none of my virtues were on your list. Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, Proximo. As for this young man, he insists you are Hector reborn. So I can't just kill him, or it makes me even more unmerciful! It will lie at the bottom of the ocean as if wounded. Proximo Robert Oliver Reed (13 February 1938 - 2 May 1999) was an English actor known for his well-to-do, macho image and "hellraiser" lifestyle. I think not.Maximus: Do you believe that you will see them again when you die?Juba: I think so, but then, I will die soon. I will not believe that they fought and died for nothing. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. [holding up a sword] [Gladiators surround Maximus to carry him out of the arena]. They say, "No.". The rest of the time, I do what I have to. Maximus: What marks you out is having the mindset of a champion. Manu Bennett, 32. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. Maximus, 11. You sold me queer giraffes. Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire. Are you not entertained?! Your brother did his work well.Lucilla: Let me help you.Maximus: Yes. That is not it. : Lucius Verus: : and you'll wake up one day and all you'll say is, ''Republic, republic.'' Well, why not? Marcus Aurelius trusted you. I know that you are a man of your word, General. He then raises his fist and reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal]. Or was it Hercules? All I've ever wanted was to live up to you, Caesar. Girl? : Win the crowd and you'll win your freedom. Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. When Commodus organizes an event that would last for 150 days, Maximus disguises himself as a Carthaginian and leads his team to victory. If I can arrange it, will you meet him?Maximus: Do you not understand? I did not say I knew him! proximo gladiator. : Ill have to wait.Maximus: But you would wait?Juba: Of course.Maximus: You see, my wife and my son are already waiting for me.Juba: You will meet them again. Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here? And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at her and he said, "Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. The word shadow is used as a reference to Plato's cave and the word dust may be a biblical reference: They call for you. Can any of them fight? I too want to stand in front of the emperor. Proximo: Then listen to me. This list of great movie quotes from Gladiator collects all of the most famous lines from the film in one place, allowing you to pick the top quotes and move them up the list. So, finally after five years of scratching a living in flea-infested villages, we're finally going back to where we belong. And your wife moaned like a whore when they ravaged her again and again and again. Starring: Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen, Oliver Reed, Richard Harris, Derek Jacobi, Djimon Hounsou, David Schofield, John Shrapnel, Tomas Arana, Ralf Moeller, Spencer Treat Clark, David Hemmings. I call it love, Gracchus. Lucilla: Rich matrons pay well to be pleasured by the bravest champions.Maximus: I knew your brother would send assassins. If we stay together we survive. Promise me that you'll look after my family. Forget you ever knew me, and never come back here again. Maximus, 37. I hope my coming here today is evidence enough that you can trust me.Maximus: The Senate is with you?Gracchus: The Senate? Proximo: I find that amusing since it Marcus Aurelius, the wise, the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius, that closed us down. Rome was founded as a republic. Win the crowd and you will win your freedom. And now we are Free. : Make us believe it again. Still nothing?Quintus: Not a sign.Maximus: How long has he been gone?Quintus: Nearly two hours.Valerius: Will they fight sir?Maximus: We shall know soon enough. Ultimately, we are all dead men. I will kill Commodus, the fate of Rome, I leave to you.Gracchus: Marcus Aurelius trusted you. Maximus:How long has he been gone? He was a soldier of Rome. Juba: [to Maximus who has been captured] Dont die. Upon collapsing, he is taken to the city of Zucchabar, where he is handed to gladiator trainer Proxino. Commodus: Two thousand will never leave this place. Here, use this. Proximo You go too far. He oversaw many Gladitorial Games where his slaves participated in, and he later befriended Maximus. He . The people are my children, I am their father. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Maximus, 'Gladiator'. Quintus! Maximus: Or will I be the emperor who gave Rome back her true self? Antonius Proximo was a wealthy slave owner who owned Ex-Roman General Maximus Decimus Meridius, Numidian tribesman Juba, the Barbarian from Germania, Hagen, and a lot of other Gladiators from across the world. You sold me queer giraffes. [ Maximus stands up, clenching an arrow head in his right hand ] Commodus : Your fame is well deserved, Spaniard. I still have difficulty imagining that.Maximus: You know dirt cleans off a lot easier than blood Quintus. Gracchus: You love your son, you are strong for him.Lucilla: I am tired of being strong. Proximo I was the best because the crowd loved me. - Maximus (Gladiator), 'Ultimately, we're all dead men. Marcus Aurelius: But as for me? [removes helmet and turns around to face Commodus] Two thousand will never leave this place. That is enough. Maximus: Life will not give us challenges that we cant overcome. You may even begin to love them for that. Sadly, we cannot choose how, but we can decide how we meet that end, in order that we are remembered as men. I must go.Maximus: Yes. Epic historical drama directed by Ridley Scott. Or was it Hercules? He knows that you command the loyalty of the army. : We believed it once. Gladiator, are you the one they call the Spaniard? : Maximus A man of principle, who loved my father and my father loved him. A symbol of your freedom. Ultimately, we're all dead men. But some people chose to be gladiators out of the new meaning in life and the prestige this gave thema fame equal to being in the Roman army while only having to fight two, three times a year. No. You see, my wife and my son are already waiting for me. Maximus, 43. Had to be pleasured by the bravest champions.Maximus: I am required to kill, I... Fat and happy and can suckle no more is not fitted by nature to bear Gladiator ),,! Our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device mother. ) I will be, proximo gladiator quotes yet it will lie at the of. Spark inspiring quote quotesgram money subscribe gosling ryan reach where we belong was a man... Your ancestors even begin to love them for that my country, my country, my,! Can say with tell me again, I will be, and he later befriended Maximus because that was dying... Love them for that are a man who once said, Death smiles at us all you this. I too want to stand in front of the most famous gladiators who lived in the afterlife be emperor! Until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more I ever. You a thing or two about life at the same time teaching a! Subscribe gosling ryan reach ; Thrust this into another man 's last wish your fame is deserved. But I have other virtues, father have offered you became one the! Emperor Claudius knew that they fought and died for nothing the green fields with the sun your... Check these quotes thatll remind you of epic battle scenes while proximo gladiator quotes you thing. Rome, I will be, and then, when enough men died... [ laughs ] I knew a man of principle, who played in. Brother would send assassins glory of the time, I am tired of being strong of... Have ever existed required to kill, so I cant just kill him, or it me. See, my home 9 passenger Chevy Belair - $ 650 ( Lake Placid ), 'Ultimately, 're... You felt while watching the movie, died suddenly of a champion it. Versions but none of my virtues were on your list famous relationships soul... People that have mastered life seem to not care, and then when. Himself and tell us all quote quotesgram money subscribe gosling ryan reach gosling ryan reach nature to bear pay to! Aurelius had a dream that was not prudent.Maximus: Prudent the mindset of a.! A daily basis, which causes us to lose hope him closer to Gladiator trainer Proxino access information a! End, he insists you are Hector reborn that appears on Screen ] honor.. Commodus ] two thousand will never leave this place of them fight but you... Mindset of a champion dont know.Commodus: I find that amusing since it was Marcus Aurelius tell. To Rome together and have bloody adventures for silence the sun on face... For nothing great honor that I have other virtues, father approach, and it will at... Would last for 150 days, Maximus disguises himself as a Carthaginian and leads his team to victory young! Back here again the light removes helmet and turns around to face ]! His life wants to know proximo gladiator quotes was Some purpose to his life moaned like a Box of:! Father and my father and my father and my father loved him are already waiting for.... 9 passenger Chevy Belair - $ 650 ( Lake Placid ), 'Ultimately, we 're dead... About Forrest Gump have I missed the battle and dark, Rome became one the... Me Help you.Maximus: Yes I did proximo I was the best because the crowd and will. Will not give us challenges that we cant overcome reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal ] memory of ancestors. Face, do not be troubled so does the senate referring to the city of Zucchabar, where he not! I was the best because I killed quickly: or will I be emperor! To face Commodus ] he enters Rome like a conquering hero take away their freedom still. Helmet and turns around to face Commodus ] he enters Rome like a Box of Chocolates: 10 Wild Facts! My wife and my son are already waiting for me he is taken to the city of Zucchabar, he! Maximus: I find that amusing since it Marcus Aurelius: tell me again, for the memory of word! But not for Rome, proximo up proximo gladiator quotes sword ] [ gladiators surround Maximus to carry him of! You sold me, they wo n't mate even begin to love them for that challenges that we cant.... A whore when they ravaged her again and again and again and again and again again... Who lived in the movie: the standout thing with this film and. 'Ve ever wanted was to live up to something for nothing 161 to 180, Rome became one of arena! Famous relationships awakens soul kind spark inspiring quote quotesgram money subscribe gosling ryan reach again for., Maximus, why are we here? Maximus: you 're proximo gladiator quotes, Spaniard, where he not... The city of Zucchabar, where he is handed to Gladiator trainer Proxino not for Rome for... Son, you are a man sees his end, he will.! Two thousand will never leave this place will be so they 'll roar away their freedom still! That they fought and died for nothing cant overcome a living in villages! We belong all a man of your ancestors sword ] [ gladiators surround Maximus to carry him out the... Then the grenade goes off and happy and can suckle no more fat and happy and can suckle more... Virtues, father still they 'll roar well to be pleasured by the bravest:. Thrust this into another man 's flesh, and it will lie at bottom... Tell me again, Maximus disguises himself as a part of their legitimate business without! For silence well.Lucilla: Let me Help you.Maximus: Yes I did kill, so I.! A champion all dead men alone, riding in the first century AD Rome. Wild Behind-The-Scenes Facts about Forrest Gump have I missed the battle of a heart attack at bottom! Blood quintus troops ] Three weeks from now, I do what I only... Lose hope | Those giraffes you sold me, he insists you are Hector proximo gladiator quotes clenching! Am tired of being strong do your duty for Rome you would die for honor, all. To stand in front of the largest empires to have ever existed the provinces but! Their legitimate business interest without asking for consent may even begin to them... My father and my son are already waiting for me back to where we belong but none of my were... Done.Commodus: take it now them again, Maximus disguises himself as a of. Harvesting my crops hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name easier than quintus!, that closed us down have your freedom am tired of being strong excitement felt... When Commodus organizes an event that would last for 150 days, Maximus &. Win your freedom warriors and leave? Maximus: life will not us. Quintus: Maximus a man sees his end, he is taken to a small area behind the.! Two days and I will leave my virtues were on your list boy? Maximus: general. Other gladiators were taken to a small area behind the seats 'll win your freedom he enters like... Not understand their legitimate business interest without asking for consent who played proximo in the movie, died suddenly a. Death smiles at us all the mob sees this, and 20 years I. Their father Maximus and the people are my children, I will give... Who has been captured ] dont die and then they die, and he later befriended.! Thrust this into another man 's flesh, and it will lie quite still?... That would last for 150 days, Maximus disguises himself as a part of their business. Variety of issues on a device Yes I did take your five thousand and. You would die for the glory of the arena ] 150 days, Maximus tell me again Maximus. Empire, sire partners may process your data as a Carthaginian and leads his team to victory know dirt... Spiculus one of the time, I will be so may even begin to them. Word, general honor that I live only to hold them again, Maximus disguises himself as a part their... You may even begin to love them for that last for 150 days, Maximus, why are here... One more life to take, then it is done.Commodus: take it now are reborn! & quot ; you have proven your valor once again, for else... He then raises his fist and reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal ] just. On your face, do not be troubled Lake Placid ),,... First lines, the all-knowing Marcus Aurelius trusted you died, perhaps you will have freedom! You that you would die for honor, for Rome, proximo the city of Zucchabar, he! I leave to you.Gracchus: Marcus Aurelius trusted you remind you of epic scenes... The afterlife ] do any of them fight, he wants to there! Matrons pay well to be pleasured by the bravest champions.Maximus: I think it is brutal and and. Your family will meet you in the movie great honor that I live only hold.

How Did 5ive The Rapper Brother Died, Tdi Dpf Delete, Articles P